The Heart of our Community
The church provides financial and spiritual support to many in our community, among them the Crossroads House, Salvation Army, Doctors without Borders, and Friends Forever as well as individuals in need.
The church is the center of community activities for residents, friends and family regardless of membership.
Some of our community events:
- Musical Concerts and Recitals
- Weekly Men's Coffee Group
- Bi-Monthly Interfaith Dialog Discussions
- The Guild - Holiday and Rummage Fairs, etc.
- Maude Trefethan students' Musical Performance with soup supper and tree lighting
- Summer Arts and Crafts Fair
- Monthly Community Potluck Suppers followed by a variety of interesting presentations
Important Historical Facts
- Established in 1693 with the first church building
- Replaced in 1704, a bible from the time still used at Christmas and Easter today
- Present church built in 1828, dedicated in 1836
- Joining together since 1693 to present, men and women created a strong foundation
- Original belfry cap was transformed into a gazebo in 2006
- Listed on the National Registry of Historic Places in 2015
Our Interim Pastor
Reverend Carolyn Keilig
Rev. Carolyn lives in Hopkinton, NH. She has served many churches in our area including the First Congregational Church UCC of Kittery, Maine; North Church in Portsmouth, NH; and the United Church of Christ in North Hampton. She has been with us since January 21st, 2020. When she is not taking care of the New Castle Church, she serves as the President of the New Hampshire Conference, United Church of Christ. She's smart; she's happy and likes to laugh; she's friendly; and she's very open-minded and respects others' opinions.
Director of Music
Charlie Blood, provides a concert at every service featuring our organ and baby grand piano. He's frequently joined by area musicians such as the soprano Angelynne Hinson, mezzo soprano Petra Pacaric, trumpeter Robert Stibler, Portsmouth Men's Chorus and others. Charlie also performs concerts at community events, including a recent recital with his daughter, Elizabeth. Charlie holds a MA in Music from UNH, is an adjunct piano instructor at SNHU and is a freelance musician.